Monday, November 13, 2006

Why I hate 80's retro

Okay, I love the 80's--- for sentimental reasons. Although I was born at the tale end of the 70's, it was in the 80's and 90's that I came of age.

So I remember Jellie shoes, Jellie braclets, scruchies, geometric cuts, dookie braids, pastels after labor day, Punky Brewster, twin sets, Lisa Bonet Hair, Flashdance, Micheal Jackson BBSO (before boys slept over), acid wash jeans, gold chains, doorknocker earrings, leg warmers, New Edition, LA Gear high tops, Run DMC, leggings and minis, puff sleeves, ect...

And while I cherish the memories (thanks!) I do not want to see them returning like real life musicals for my veiwing displeasure!

Find new and refreshing ways to relive your childhood, people...like writing some good screenplays about the 80's. I would pay for that. The fashion, I will not.

Didn't God say in the Bible somewhere "Behold, I will do a NEW thing?"

Instead of revisiting each decade, which seems to be the formula of late, why not try something, new? Ahem... It may be a novel concept, but it beats looking like you stepped out of the original Nintendo version of Street Fighter.

No comments: