Sunday, April 29, 2012

Bare


If I had my way
I would strip you bare
Watch you come unwrapped
Yet remain fully dressed

I would kiss
Those bruises beneath Your
breath
Your charm, and carefree
Smile
Anger and doubt

Your disappointments
All the times you tried and tried
On dreams that didn't suit you
Don't you understand that
they never made you,
your mind created
Them to shield yourself from yourself
But can the dreamer ever be less than the dream?

I want to love you
Without your armor
Ice your black eyed
Pride
With the coldest kind of kindness
Producing shivers and shakes


I would speak to all silent places
And let the silent places
Sing to me
Tell them the songs
You're afraid to write
So your body writes them for me

So deeply haunting
and achingly beautiful
It hurts to look at you
Hurts more when I'm not touching you
Breathing in the same brainwaves
Deep beautiful lucid waves
Of possibility

Don't speak
Let me look at you
The man behind the velvet curtain
That you think is too broken
To love
Have faith that sometimes
With a a willing heart
Trumps a capable hand

There is a balm in Gilead
knitting one soul to the next
Each breath giving the other
Liquid bone to heal the fractures
And fissures
Of life
Until they become guilded gold
So that neither lacks a thing

Be bare before me
Don't speak
Let your silence
Tell my eyes everything
That my heart has always known


No comments: